Background

Sunday 24 July 2011

Here comes the sun...


Come on, admit it, you went "do do do do" when you saw the title. ;)

Sorry for not writing in a while, I haven't been all that well :(

Recently, it's got all summery at last - finally hot enough for crazy spontaneous picnics, flips flops and Summer fun, the floaty dresses can come out of the back of the wardrobe and those gorgeous leather sandals you bought in the Autumn sale can finally be worn.
"I want a violet bicycle, flip flops and sand between my toes, these are the beautiful things in life..."

OK, so we've had downpours, storms and cancelled sports days across the country, but that's British weather for you. However, the sun peeking its head through the clouds between the showers has got me thinking...

What's sunshine to you?

"That warm sunny feeling ... you know the one... when for no proper reason your tummy just goes all weird and you grin like a silly hen." says our totally awesome handsoap bottle. 
But what, for you, is that blissful and limitless happiness, what is it that makes the sun beam into your soul. What's your sunshine?

For me, sunshine is memories.
It's the line of a song that has read my heart and flipped over my stomach in pure lyrical genius. It's the sound of my friends laugh over the phone on a Friday night after a long week, when we talk away our troubles until late in the night. It's a sweet summer evening, it's making daisy chains for little princesses, it's a walk around the village with my brother, the smell of the Mediterranean Sea on holiday. It's daisies and cherished prayers, forget-me-nots and foot prints. It's words that fit together as I write like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle, it's a new black Biro on a fresh page of my journal.
It's the rush of love I feel for my beautiful sister when she smiles, that I know I'll never let her go. It's the beach, challenging the waves with my truly amazing cousin.

So we have cloudy days. But bad weather's got to come sometimes, or we'd never find the rainbow.

Some related links for you...

  • Sunshine In My Sky, Kate Voegele - adorable song from a great new album by the actress who plays Mia Catalano in One Tree Hill
  • Brighter Than The Sun, Colbie Caillat - another adorable song, from another great new album. I love Colbie Caillat! And this video is Colbie at her most lovely :)
  • Treacle Moon - amazing products, as I mentioned earlier. "Those Lemonade Days" products smell absolutely delicious, most certainly good enough to eat (though, please don't!) and the slogans and quotes are just so cute. The descriptions on the back keep me amused in the shower too. they support a charity, and... I could go on and on. These products are AMAZING, is all you need to know... :)
  • Ellie Claire journals. I love this website, I have her Hope journal (Threds) at the moment, and it is truly amazing. They've all got 2 quotes per double page spread, a quote from the Scripture and another inspirational quote. I LOVE my journal.
  • Bic Cristal ballpoint pens. Black Bic Cristals are my LIFE. Sadly, I'm not joking. :D

Dear Readers...
So what's your sunshine? Join in the sidebar and tell me using whatever means of communication you wish - words, pictures, a poem or song. Take inspiration from these Summer months - which rays truly penetrate your heart?


Rules

  • Your own work only - no plagiarism
  • Comment/feedback on someone else's entry
  • The closing date is 1st September 2011
  • The winner will be the most creative and inspiring response


Have fun, I can't wait to explore your sunshine :)

Love,
Lizzie xx



2 comments:

  1. To me, sun is happiness, light in the world, laughter, and it seems like im usually much happier when the sun is out =D

    If only the rain could come at night, but then again, we would be desensitised to the sun so when clouds come we would be angry at clouds instead of the rain, plus i love the smell of the grass when it starts to drizzle, and we wouldnt be able to do a british pasttime and moan at the weather! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomness!!
    This would make a brilliant link up!! xxx

    ReplyDelete